Hey Girl Hey! It’s that time of year again…BACK TO SCHOOL! As a mother I am so excited that summer is almost officially over! This means I no longer have to think of one hundred ways of how to entertain my kid. I have a six year old daughter and let’s be real, the girl has high standards!
The transition from summer break ending to going back to school is sometimes challenging. So let’s start getting them in the routine of going to bed early and waking up early. By doing this they will be prepared and ready for the first day of school. I’m still a kid at heart so I’m excited as if, it’s my first day. I can’t wait to lay out her uniform, label her supplies, pack her book bag, and send her off. Teachers be ready….these are now your kids, we truly appreciate you all!
Now, that we have gotten the kids out of the way. It’s time to talk to the mothers, as moms we have countless duties. So much so, that we get caught in the commotion of prepping the kids that we barely set aside any time for ourselves. I know, you’re like “how do you expect me to set time out for myself in the morning girl?”
Girl! I’m glad you asked. Here are some thoughtful easy ways to make sure that not only your kid(s) look and feel awesome but so do you. Let’s face it, kids love when their moms look good, it makes them proud. Whether they say it or not. Trust me. My daughter evaluates my work attire every morning, she usually says that I either look like her grandma, a principal or like I’m going to church. And guess what? All of those are fine by me.
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.”
- Attempt to get a good night’s rest. Emphasis on attempt, 6-8 hours will do your body good and you will wake up refresh and energized.
- Wake up early and have some personal time. This puts an end to rushing. It also allows more time for you pray, do your hair, makeup and take a selfie!
- Set out your clothes the night before. Doing this cuts out wasting time in the closet trying to put together an outfit in the morning.
- Create an after school schedule for your children. Studies show that kids actually like routines. Make it fun for them.
- Remember you are human! You’re not perfect and you make mistakes. Take care of yourself because all children deserve happy parents.
Comment below and let us know some of the things you do to get yourself and your family ready for the back to school season. As always, thank you for reading and sharing this blog.
Follow me on social media!
IG: heygirlheyus Snapchat: ashcaking