Hello, my name is Emmanuella Oluwafunmilayo Searcy Ford and I am addicted to Amazon
Okay, in this day and age, a lot of people know how utterly BOMB Amazon is and how it makes the world go round. The best feeling in this world, beside my babies kisses, oh and my husbands…lol, is getting that box with a smiley face on the side on my doorstep. Amazon, oh Amazon, how do I loveth thee (Amazon 3:12).
Here’s the thing, If you’ve never purchased anything from the site, it can be really intimidating. My first time, I was so afraid the clothes wouldn’t fit and then I would just be stuck with something I didn’t like or something with horrible quality. Well, This post is for those who are Amazon virgins or have been burned by Amazon before and have given up. I am going to give you five easy steps on how to become Amazon-literate. First, of course, get an Amazon account. Better yet, sign up for an Amazon Prime account and let the shopping begin.
- Always Always read the reviews: these are always found at the bottom of the page after you see the products. Just keep scrolling down and go past the recommended listings, the size charts and then you will find the reviews. You can see what actual buyers said about the products and some even put up pictures of them in the items. I always try and write a review every time I buy something. If it doesn’t have a review, buy at your own risk. FYI always make sure the positive outweighs the negative comments.
- Be Specific: when typing in what you want into the search box, be as specific as possible. If it’s a coconut purse you’re looking for, make sure you type exactly that. For example, put in “Yellow coconut bag” or “White button down long sleeve shirt”
- Check Sizing Chart: Okay, some of these sellers will be Chinese sellers or sellers from out of the country and their
sizing charts are always different. Chinese sellers always run smaller and not true to size so be careful. Right next to the place where you pick your size, they have a size chart that should have chest and waist dimension if it’s a shirt and other dimensions for pants or jeans. Always look at the sizing charts and again read the reviews. People will let you know if the items are true to U.S. size.
- Discover Prime: Okay, Amazon has this great program called Prime. It’s a yearly membership that allows you to get the items with 2-day shipping. Man, last Christmas I had a field day last minute shopping. If you can afford it, Prime is the way to go. Prime accounts users don’t have to pay shipping and handling and you return things for free and again, two-day shipping.
- Explore Amazon: Lastly, take time out and explore this marketplace. Just go in and put things into your shopping cart and type different items you would like to have and stare them into reality…LOL. Amazon notifies you if anything in your cart has gone down in price, so sleep and pray on those purchases. FYI Amazon just started a new program where you can try clothes out before you actually purchase it. With anything on Amazon you can always return the items and get your money back. They will send you the shipping label and all you have to do is print it and take it to your nearest USPS. Amazon has made shopping so easy, you’ll actually enjoy it.
FYI July 11th is Amazon Prime day and it’s like Black Friday for the cyber world….aaahhhh. You have to be a Prime member to get these deals but you can sign up for a free trial offer and take part of the epic savings. I encourage you guys to take time out and explore what Amazon has to offer. I am putting a couple of hot items for the summer that is on my wish list so far or that i’ve already purchased. You will love the items. Click on the pictures and it will take you directly to the Amazon page:
These are all great summer looks that are under $50.00. Let me know if and when you decide to give Amazon a try and if these tips helped you at all. If you are looking for anything specific and want help searching, email me @email@example.com and i’ll def help look and send you links. I’ll also do this again for the fall/winter and put some on trend looks for the season. Hey, should I do a similar post for the fellas? Let me know. Happy shopping loves.
Be sure to subscribe for email updates and follow House of Odara on Bloglovin for updates. Find me on Instagram, Snapchat (tinkrb11e) and subscribe to my youtube channel. All emails and inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.